Tuxedo Park(30305, 30342) is the most elegant neighborhood in the Buckhead area of Atlanta. During the Civil War, Federal troops closing in on Atlanta traveled and camped along Paces Ferry Road, the heart of today’s Tuxedo Park. The area remained rural until 1904 when wealthy Atlantans started building summer homes along this same road, which leads to the Chattahoochee River. These summer homes are stately mansions in today’s estimation. Although Atlanta’s downtown is only 6 miles away, this was a long distance until the automobile became common in the 1940s. Sales and construction were dormant during the Great Depression of the 1930s and World War II. In 1963, the State of Georgia bought over 20 acres of land from Robert Maddox, and built a new governor’s mansion there. This solidified West Paces Ferry as the most prominent street in the South.
The neighborhood is a magnet for tour busses, due to the grand nature of the large mansions. Tuxedo Park is bounded by Valley Road on the east, Blackland Road to the north, Northside Drive on the west and West Paces Ferry to the south. The homes display architectural styles ranging from Georgian and Tudor to Italianate and Greek Revival. The lush greenery, manicured lawns and acres of open space create the feel of a large park. Tuxedo Park is unmatched for elegance and prestige in Atlanta.
Property information is based on available data. It is deemed reliable but is not verified or in any way guaranteed. Users/Buyers assume all reasonability for verifying all community and property information.
Data may not be reproduced or redistributed and may not be used for any purpose other than individual consumer's use.